This nationally recognised qualification is for individuals wishing to develop or enhance their proficiency in road construction and maintenance activities.
Road construction and maintenance personnel operate specialised plant and machinery to construct new roads and improve existing ones. The work is outdoors and requires physical fitness. During the course of this qualification you will be exposed to both the theory and practical aspects required to prepare you for a career in road construction. This is on-the-job training so you need to be employed in the civil construction industry to undertake this course.
- Work from drawings and specifications under the direction of supervisors
- Plan and prepare work requirements
- Identify and report on hazards related to the worksite and activity
- Identify and maintain environmental requirements
- Install drainage systems
- Spread and compact materials
- Apply levelling techniques
- Repair potholes
- Carry out concrete work
- Install road barriers and signs
- Monitor and maintain traffic management through the construction area
- Clean, check, maintain and store plant, tools and equipment
How much does it cost?
There is a wide variety of funding options depending on your situation. Currently we offer this qualification through User Choice funding in both Queensland and ACT and through Construction Skills Queensland funding in the Skills Assessment and Gap Training program. See our funding page for more information or contact us today.
Course length: Up to 36 months
Location: On site
Funding: Ask us
Recognition of Prior Learning
Nationally recognised qualification
Career and Employment Opportunities
Civil construction worker
What will you study
This nationally recognised qualification requires the successful completion of 25 units of competency.