This nationally recognised qualification is for individuals wishing to develop or enhance their proficiency as a plant operator.
Plant operators on civil construction project sites operate large, powerful earthmoving equipment. Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations provides training in both theory and practical elements to prepare you for a career as a plant operator. This is on-the-job training so you need to be employed in the civil construction industry to undertake this course.
- Prepare machinery for the day’s operation
- Clean, lubricate and re-fuel machines
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments when and as required
- Apply and work within safety requirements while meeting environmental requirements as part of the operations
- Plan the work and understand how to identify underground services
- Work from drawings and specifications under direction from supervisors
- Operate the machines and all attachments in varying construction environments
How much does it cost?
There is a wide variety of funding options depending on your situation. Currently we offer this qualification through User Choice funding in both Queensland and ACT and through Construction Skills Queensland funding in the Skills Assessment and Gap Training program. See our funding page for more information or contact us today.
Course length: Up to 36 months
Location: On site
Funding: Ask us
Recognition of Prior Learning
Nationally recognised qualification
Career and Employment Opportunities
Civil construction worker
What will you study
This nationally recognised qualification requires the successful completion of 19 units of competency.