This qualification is designed for individuals working in the Civil Construction industry who perform routine tasks and procedures, using practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge. They also take some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes. It is a pathway qualification that prepares individuals for a sector-specific Certificate III from the RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
This is on-the-job training, so you need to be employed in the civil construction industry to undertake this course.
The qualification includes various units covering topics such as:
- Handling resources and infrastructure materials
- Safe disposal of nontoxic materials
- Planning and organising work
- Working safely and following WHS policies
- Using hand and power tools
- Complying with site work processes/procedures