This nationally recognised qualification is for individuals wishing to develop or enhance their proficiency in bridge construction.
Certificate III in Civil Construction Bridge Construction and Maintenance provides training in the practical and technical skills required to build and repair concrete bridges. This is on-the-job training so you need to be employed in the civil construction industry to undertake this course.
- Monitor and maintain traffic management through the work site
- Apply legislative, organisational and site requirements
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Identify and report on hazards related to the worksite and work
- Identify and maintain environmental requirements
- Read and prepare job specifications
- Use hand and power tools
- Identify types of drawings and specifications under the direction of supervisors
- Prepare and set out earthworks
- Install bridge abutments, piers and decks
- Construct formwork to create shapes in concrete for concrete bridges
- Install bridge handrails
How much does it cost?
There is a wide variety of funding options depending on your situation. Currently we offer this qualification through User Choice funding in both Queensland and ACT and through Construction Skills Queensland funding in the Skills Assessment and Gap Training program. See our funding page for more information or contact us today.
Course length: Up to 36 months
Location: On site
Funding: Ask us
Recognition of Prior Learning
Nationally recognised qualification
Career and Employment Opportunities
Civil construction worker
What will you study
This nationally recognised qualification requires the successful completion of 26 units of competency.